VAT in the Education Sector
There is no data to display
PUBLIC AND HEALTH: VAT IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
This course deals with all the detailed and complex VAT rules in the sector, and fully explains when supplies are taxable, exempt or ‘non-business’. It also examines the rules for VAT recovery, including the various partial exemption methods.
• the importance of distinguishing between ‘business’ and ‘non- business’ income for VAT purposes
• who qualifies as an eligible body?
• vocational training
• distance learning and e-learning
• research and consultancy
• English as a foreign language
• supplies to other educational institutions
• overseas students
• grants or sponsorship?
• sales from courses.
Land and Property Issues
• VAT and construction costs
• charity concessions
• conferences and conference facilities
• licences to occupy land
• vacation lets.
• direct attribution
• standard and special methods
• recovery of VAT on overheads.
Input Tax and Records
• the zero rating for advertising, and equipment bought with donated funds
• blocked input tax
• obtaining the correct evidence to support input tax claims
• making voluntary disclosures to HMRC
• how to complete a VAT return correctly.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for those in the further and higher education sectors who need to ensure correct VAT compliance within their institutions. The course assumes a good grasp of basic VAT.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
• analyse supplies made by their educational institution, and assign the correct VAT liability to each
• understand their partial exemption method used, and be able to consider better alternatives
• recover the correct amount of VAT, supported by the correct evidence, on a correct VAT return.
Head of VAT, Moore Stephens LLP
Please note that the ‘remove’ button will remove all of your bookings attached to the event. To amend the quantity of events in your basked, click on the shopping basket link at the top of the page. Please refer to our FAQs for further details.
- CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS EDUCATIONAL TRUST - R
- THE ADELPHI,
1-11 JOHN ADAM STREET,
Registered Charity Number
.313219 - © 2010 ACCA