Mock Employment Tribunal
There is no data to display
Be the Judge – A mock tribunal
Schofield Sweeney’s employment law team will give you the opportunity to watch and participate in a mock employment tribunal which will:
• Demonstrate how you and/or your clients can improve the chances of successfully defending a claim, before the dismissal even takes place;
• Show you how a tribunal hearing works in practice;
• Give you the chance to ask questions of the witnesses; and
• Allow you to judge the evidence and vote on the outcome.
So, if you often find yourself bemused by the judgments you read in the papers, this is your chance to give the verdict.
Don’t worry, we won’t be asking you to act, we’re aiming to make this a tribunal you can enjoy rather than dread!
The case is a familiar one: An employee has been dismissed. She claims it was because she was pregnant or alternatively, that there was no fair reason for her dismissal. Her ex-employer says it was because of her conduct. The employee is claiming more than £40,000.
Over the course of two hours, the employment team will take you through the tribunal hearing comprising:
1. Witnesses giving their evidence;
2. Solicitors cross examining the witnesses;
3. Your chance to ask questions of the witnesses;
4. Closing submissions (legal arguments); and finally
5. Your chance to determine the outcome.
James Austin, Associate, Employment, Schofield Sweeney Solicitors
Please note that the ‘remove’ button will remove all of your bookings attached to the event. To amend the quantity of events in your basked, click on the shopping basket link at the top of the page. Please refer to our FAQs for further details.
- CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS EDUCATIONAL TRUST - R
'S INN FIELDS,
Registered Charity Number
.313219 - © 2010 ACCA