Employment Tax Hot Topics - Free Event
There is no data to display
Swansea & West Wales Members' Network
Employment Tax Hot Topics
Speaker: Paul Tucker, Partner, Employment Tax, Smith & Williamson
Monday 22 April 2013 - Ivy Bush Royal Hotel, Carmarthen, SA31 1LG
1. HMRC visits - what happens when errors are identified, the penalty regime and advance planning.
2. Employment status - different types of engagement, who is exposed and HMRC's current approach.
3. Salary sacrifice - mistakes and opportunities.
4. Termination packages - payments in Lieu of Notice, Custom and Practice, repayment opportunities, HMRC challenges.
5. Travel - Car fuel benefit, pool vehicles/exclusive business use vehicles, business journeys and tax repayment opportunities.
6. Subsistence - round sum allowances, HMRC rates, dispensations, entertaining or subsistence.
Paul is part of Smith & Williamson's Employment Tax and Incentives team. He has extensive experience advising clients on employment tax issues, having spent over thirty years working in tax.
Paul advises clients on all aspects of employment tax and NI including
- Identifying tax efficient planning opportunities
- Risk assessment reviews
- HMRC visits, negotiations and settlement
- Dispensations and PAYE Settlement Agreements
- Termination payments
- Status of workers
Paul regularly lectures on the subject for clients and professional bodies. He is also a regular contributor to professional publications, including chapters within the Institute of Chartered Accountants Tax Planning guides on the subject of termination payments, dispensations and PAYE Settlement Agreements.
Paul joined Smith & Williamson's Bristol office from HMRC in 1989. Shortly after, he qualified as a member of the Chartered Institute of Tax, receiving the Institute prize for top marks at Intermediate level. As well as being a Chartered Tax Adviser, he is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Tax Employment Taxes committee and chairs their National Employment Tax Forum. Paul provides a "hands on" service to clients offering practical solutions to challenging issues.
Please note that the ‘remove’ button will remove all of your bookings attached to the event. To amend the quantity of events in your basked, click on the shopping basket link at the top of the page. Please refer to our FAQs for further details.
- CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS EDUCATIONAL TRUST - R
- THE ADELPHI,
1-11 JOHN ADAM STREET,
Registered Charity Number
.313219 - © 2010 ACCA