ACCA UK Local Government Summit
Sector Specific Networks
There is no data to display
ACCA UK Local Government Summit - Thursday 17 October
Church House Conference Centre
09:30 – 18:00, including networking and drinks reception from 16:30
In a time of considerable change and challenge for local government, this one-day summit will involve speakers on topical local government issues and provide opportunities for ACCA members to meet, network and be briefed.
Our keynote speaker to open the summit is Margaret Hodge MP and the main themes of the day will cover:
• Future issues in local government finance – a panel of Prof. Tony Travers of the LSE, Hugh Grover of London Councils and Mike Burton of the Municipal Journal
• Operations at the front line – a panel including Dermot Joyce of Liberata and Christine Gilbert of Brent Council
• Issues faced by members working in local government – a facilitated discussion giving members the chance to share their concerns and issues
• Progressing your career in local government – a panel including Rashpal Kaur Singh from Harvey Nash and Prof Malcolm Prowle from Nottingham University
• A closing address from David Blunkett MP
The summit will be worth up to 9 CPD units and will include refreshments, lunch and a drinks reception, kindly sponsored by Allen Lane recruitment consultants.
The cost of this one-day event is just £199.00 – including refreshments and lunch – but we are offering an early bird price of £169 if you book before the end of September.
Please note that the ‘remove’ button will remove all of your bookings attached to the event. To amend the quantity of events in your basked, click on the shopping basket link at the top of the page. Please refer to our FAQs for further details.
- CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS EDUCATIONAL TRUST - R
'S INN FIELDS,
Registered Charity Number
.313219 - © 2010 ACCA