What will I get out of it?
• overview of how VAT affects charities
• improved knowledge of when VAT applies to various activities
• an understanding of how VAT recovery works in charities
• some ideas to improve the VAT position of charities.
• a detailed look at the non-business activities of charities with relevant cases explained
• the business activities and when these may be taxable
• a look at exempt activities and the problems these create
• worked example of VAT recovery in a complex charity
• options for improving recovery rates.
Who should attend?
Finance professionals working in charities and practitioners who advise charities.
Kate Sayer FCA, DChA, partner, Sayer Vincent
Kate is a partner with Sayer Vincent and co-author of A Practical Guide to VAT for Charities, now in its third edition. Kate is well known as a trainer and has been leading courses and seminars for over 25 years. Working with charities on real-life problems all the time, her sessions are practical and relevant.
Joanna Pittman ACA, DChA, senior manager, Sayer Vincent
Joanna is a qualified chartered accountant and a specialist in charities. She is a manager with Sayer Vincent, managing a variety of charity audit clients with wide-ranging activities, and has worked on the internal audit of a number of large charities. Jo is one of Sayer Vincent’s in-house tax experts, keeping staff and clients up to date on tax and VAT matters.
Please note that the ‘remove’ button will remove all of your bookings attached to the event. To amend the quantity of events in your basked, click on the shopping basket link at the top of the page. Please refer to our FAQs for further details.
- CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS EDUCATIONAL TRUST - R
- THE ADELPHI,
1-11 JOHN ADAM STREET,
Registered Charity Number
.313219 - © 2010 ACCA